Saturday, July 9, 2011

My my...how a week can fly by...

Well, already at the end of week 1 of camp for 2011...Crazy!

What a week it was. We had almost all amazing weather, with the exception of one morning where we had some rain. We had about 80 people in camp, including staff, and that is more than we have ever had before in Session 1. Our giant 16-person LIT group helped, but we had over 40 regular camp campers as well.

We week ran as smoothly as I could have expected, being my first week running Nagiwa and with a senior staff entering into all-new positions, but on Friday I saw a ton of smiling faces, and a few who were very sad to be leaving; this says 'job well done' to me. I can't say enough good things about the staff we have at camp this year. They are committed to the kids, and to making sure that we all have an excellent time while we are here at camp. I need to give a special shout-out here to Andrew who came to camp this week to help us out and really made a huge difference in the lives of campers, one in particular. I could not have picked a better person to fill that roll. If you see Andrew hanging around at day camp this year, give him a high 5 for us!

As I look forward into the summer, I can see some things pretty clearly. This will, once again, be the busiest summer we have ever had a Nagiwa. We will have difficulty making sure that everyone has beds there are so many people! Session 2 if full to the brim, as is session 3. Session 4, although not full yet, if getting closer to that mark every day, and we expect it to be full as well. Also, I see our Nagiwa Day Camp taking off for its pilot summer. Day camp this year will run the last week of July, to make sure that it works well with our residential camp. If it does, we will look to a larger launch for next summer. Call us if you want more info.

I hope that you are all having a safe and happy summer. I know that we are!

Enjoy the season!

Luc

No comments:

Post a Comment